MIDA Data Supply, Access and Exploitation Principles
When you supply datasets for use in
the Marine Irish Digital Atlas, if you desire you may sign a
Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) in which the conditions that
govern data supply, access and exploitation are fully laid out.
Below a sample of some typical principles are given.
Each MOU can be adjusted to meet specific needs.
- The spatial dataset(s) provided by a data owner may
be displayed in the web-based GIS. This/These will be
displayed as the data owner provides them, or generalised in a way that
the data owner and the CMRC agree upon.
- Cost to the CMRC of each spatial dataset(s) displayed
in the MIDA will be agreed upon prior to delivery of
- The spatial features and information in the spatial
dataset(s) provided can be queried by users, subject
to any conditions specified by the data owner.
- The tables contained in the spatial dataset(s) can
be displayed in full / in part as requested by the data
owner. Any fields considered sensitive will be identified by the data
owner and will not be made accessible to atlas users.
- The spatial dataset(s) provided cannot be
downloaded from the MIDA web site unless the data owner has given
- The contact details of the data owner will be provided
in the metadata and therefore will be available over the Internet
to atlas users who are interested in acquiring a copy of the spatial dataset(s).
Please contact us to discuss
how to incorporate your contributions into the atlas.